The conference will provide a platform for the exchange of ideas and experiences on a range of topics that bridge the gap – from Access to Inclusion:
- Verifying performance-based design in a DDA context
- The role of the NDIS in building Inclusive Communities and through Specialist Disability Accommodation.
- Liveable – Adaptable – Accessible Visitable Housing – What’s the difference and where to from here?
- Using Technology that enables Inclusive Access
- The journey to inclusive access, research and standards development
- Inclusive Access – Plan Design Build neighbourhoods, public transportation and communication systems.
- Inclusive egress and fire safety measures.
- Inclusive live, educate, work, play leisure and tourism
- NDIS planning – capacity building – assistive technology
- Moving beyond the minimums in the pursuit of inclusion
The conference will also incorporate an exhibition of products and services that support and bring it all together to create inclusive environments.
Inclusion by Design: Equality, Diversity and the Built Environment
Inclusive environments are:
- Welcoming and responsive to people’s needs but also intuitive to access and use
- Offering choice and innovation when a single design solution cannot meet all user needs
- Convenient so they can be used without undue effort or special separation and maximise independence and inclusive participation